SINAI: THE TREKKING GUIDE is the first comprehensive guide about trekking in the Sinai. Highly commended through 2014, it covers the Sinai’s best treks and opens a new trekking frontier in the Middle East. With its high peaks and sweeping deserts; its Bedouin tribes and its historical relics from the times of the Pharaohs onwards this is one of the world’s great undiscovered jewel for trekkers. As well as detailed route descriptions, maps and GPS for every trek, this book is an all-in-one travel guide to the peninsula, packed with practical info, reviews, travel tips and everything you need to know: IT’S THE ONLY BOOK YOU NEED.
- Classic and little-known routes – 74 large scale maps, downloadable GPS waypoints
- Choosing and arranging a trek – When to go; trekking agencies; guides and cameleers
- Background to Egypt & Sinai – history, people, culture, food, flora & fauna
- Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Taba, El Tur – hotels, restaurants, sights, street plans
- Health, safety & responsible tourism. Trek safely in this most fragile of deserts
- Language – survival Arabic, key words, trekking phrases and camel commands
‘ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW‘ – TGO MAGAZINE, 2014
‘HARDLY A STONE IS LEFT UNTURNED BY THE AUTHOR. THERE IS MUCH MORE TO THIS BOOK THAN CAN BE SET OUT HERE. TRAILBLAZER AND BEN HOFFLER HAVE COME UP WITH A FASCINATING INSIGHT INTO THIS PART OF THE WORLD. WORTH A READ EVEN IF YOU NEVER GET TO THE SINAI‘ – BACKPACKER MAGAZINE, 2014
‘FAB NEW BOOK…’ – ADVENTURE TRAVEL MAGAZINE, 2014
‘IT’S A GREAT BOOK JUST TO READ WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN TO SINAI, BUT IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY MAKE YOU WANT TO GO THERE – SOON’ – ASTENE, 2014
‘I’D NEVER CONSIDERED THIS PLACE AS A TREKKING DESTINATION, BUT THE BOOK IS SO WELL WRITTEN, I WAS LEFT FEELING THE ONLY THING I NEEDED WAS THE CASH FOR THE AIR FARE. IT IS A SPLENDID INTRODUCTION TO A LITTLE-KNOWN SLICE OF BACK-COUNTRY THAT CLEARLY DESERVES MORE ATTENTION AND A WIDER AUDIENCE. THE AUTHOR HAS UNDERTAKEN A VAST AMOUNT OF RESEARCH AND CLEARLY KNOWS THE AREA WELL. HIS LOVE AND ENTHUSIASM FOR THE PLACE COMES OUT IN HIS WRITING AND THE HAND-DRAWN MAPS INCORPORATING THE AUTHOR’S PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS ARE CHARMING‘ – JUDGES COMMENTS, UK OWPG AWARDS, HIGHLY COMMENDED 2014.